Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble watching videos (YouTube etc)

• Please log in to reply

Tradle

Tradle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everyone,

My computer has recently developed a problem with watching videos on YouTube and other sites. I get this message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "

I download the latest version of Flash Player even though I know I already have it and it downloads successfully but I still get the same message. I've checked to see if JavaScript is turned on and it appears to set up correctly.

Can anyone offer any advise. I was wondering if something I had downloaded or installed recently may be blocking it or something. Please help.

Cheers,
Trace

Edited by Tradle, 29 June 2008 - 05:56 AM.

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Helo Tradle,

Welcome to GeekstoGo.

First check Add/Remove Programs to see if you have Adobe or Macromedia Flash installed. If yes uninstall them using the new Uninstaller provided by Adobe and reboot (some computers require a reboot to completely uninstall programs).

Then try to download the Flash player again from the following site.

Regards,

Tradle

Tradle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi mirjel,

Awesome!! that fixed the problem. It never occurred to me to get rid of it and download again. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Trace

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
You're welcome and thank you for using GTG.

Regards,