Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpyBot

• Please log in to reply

simplee

simplee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there a specific way to run SpyBot to get the most out of the program. And does Bot give false readings of what is found on the system?? After I run Bot, can I post the log and have someone troubleshoot it for me??

I have several more questions:

1. Are all the programs that are displayed on the website, can they be trusted. I see a lot of advertisments on this site from getting rid of Spyware to AntiVirus programs. Will they hurt or harm your system in any way??

2. After I uninstall a program and then delete the remainder files off of my "C" drive, why is that program still showing on my System? I thought after you uninstall, it took care of everything.

3. When I do Start, Run and type in "misconfig", it shows the uninstalled programs are still running in the background. Is there a way of totally delet it??

I am running Win XP

Thanks 4 your help [/size]
!!!

Edited by simplee, 29 June 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello simplee and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

If you're looking for protection software, I recommend looking in the following thread.
http://www.geekstogo...ftware-t38.html
The programs in the above thread can be trusted.

If you're looking to get help with removing malware, I recommend you go to the malware forum, read the stickies and post a log there.

Hope this gave you enough information :)
Regards,
Olrik