Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard(s) do not work at all

• Please log in to reply

samigator

samigator

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm on my grandmother's laptop at the moment and I have a very serious problem with my Compaq keyboard and my computer.
Problem? No matter what keyboard I plug in (PS/2) they do no work. The current keyboard that me and my mom are trying to get working is the type that has the shortcut buttons on it (acess to internet, mail in a push of a button). When the computer is booted the lights flash on the key-locks for a second then the only light on it the sleep button.
We've tried right-click my computer>properties>hardware>device manager. but when we get there, there is no keyboard section.
my mom had just moved the computer around but the keyboard worked fine last night.
what could be the matter? The mouse works fine, but the keyboard refuses too.

help?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Sounds like you've got a failed PS/2 port on your computer. Can you get your hands on a USB keyboard and try that?