Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsure of whats going on with my computer!

• Please log in to reply

VTut2734

VTut2734

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Hello-

Just the other day I logged on my compter like normally and the "show hidden icons" arrow just kept multiplying. I can't click on any of the icons within the taskbar only the clock. I have a feeling that it may be Limewire related although the version I have I pay for. It comes up with the normal message except after I click out of the message there is no limewire. I think the computer thinks thats limewire is open yet I can't access the taskbar to maximize the limewire program. I also feel that the Limewire program froze my taskbar which sort of puts me in a catch-22 situation. I get this message on my screen from java... "One or more neccessary files appear to be invalid. This is generally caused by a corrupt installation. Please try downloading and installing Limewire again. If the problem persists visit www.limewire.com and click the 'Support' link." Then in the box below is further reads: LimeWire version 4.18.3
Java version 1.60_06 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
Windows XP v. 5.1 on x86
Free/total memory: 31359208/33357824

com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader$StartupFailedException:.\lib\hashes (They system cannot find the file specified)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.sanityCheck(GUILoader.java:281
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.load(GUILoader.java:58)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorlmpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorlmpl.invoke(Unkown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorlmpl.invoke(Unkown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main.main(Main.java:45)

STARTUP ERROR!

That is the message that pops up alot. Anyhelp or knowledge to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated. It is my college computer and has all my things on it and is a Fujitsu Tablet PC.

Thank your for your time,
Seth
"remember 32" HOKIES

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

GTG has a strict policy against helping P2P programs and errors. While they can be used for good they are mostly used for illegitmate reasons and therefor not supported by GTG. It goes against #4 of the TOS.

Cheers,
Mak