Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will no longer boot

• Please log in to reply

emilia

emilia

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
On Windows XP(it came without the CD which isn't even a genuine copy *EHHH!*).
The computer started doing this couple of weeks ago and my screen would constantly come up with a blue error screen, with a big explanation stating that something wasn't properly installed etc. It than stopped happening for a little while but has came back again recently. I came back home after leaving the computer on to download some things. After that the computer would go to the same blue error screen or go a blank blue every 10mins. And that was only if i would turn it off for a little while that it would even successfully boot. It was looking a bit dusty so i thought id at least try that. I have tried F8 to set it to Safe Mode but the computer no longer stays on long enough to even do that. It randomly works so i can at least go to the Advanced Options for a couple of seconds.

What can i do ? Options ? :)
All i want to do now is save my files, after that im done with this piece of jipped crrr..lol..

I appreciate any help you guys can give me... Thanks in advance..

Emilia

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
get a genuine xp cd and reinstall
but the oem are not available as of june30 2008
but you could get a retail one you got till november then it ends
after that you can only receive updates

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Emilia,

We get blue screens for multiple reasons, if we have a defective driver or if the page file is overloaded...
We are not sure at this point what is causing the issue. I would suggest you to update any old driver on the machine. This will resolve most of the driver related issues. The majority of the blue screens are due to the anti virus (Symantec) drivers causing the issue. If you are running Symantec anti virus i would suggest you to upgrade the symevent.sys driver.

This should resolve your issue.

Regards,
Scorpio