Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Worried PC Noob

• Please log in to reply

Greywinter

Greywinter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all really hoping that someone can assist me with this as I'm begining to get a little worried now that my Internet connection is being used to do some iffy stuff.

When I connect to Firefox v3.0, Comodo lists Firefox in the connections activity section which all in all isnt a problem. What is concearning me is that it quite often lists it 17- 18 times and my internet connection has dropped from a nice 13meg connection to half a meg.

The Source ports never appear to be the same and the destinations all appear to be different also. Have run various spyware Malware programs and virus scanned and done a rootkit scan but they cant seem to locate anything.

Not sure what additional information I might need to provide (hence the noob bit) but will be happy to provide what ever is needed.

I guess my big concearn is all these connections flying out. Used to seeing 3-5 connections showing in the logs but not 17-18. Have contacted my IP and too be honest they have been kinda vague on the subject. Run virus scan we will check the server.

I have 2 comps running off the same modem and both are suffering drastic speed losses. Just did a Malwarebytes scan enclosed.

Pls pls some kind soul come save me from this as its driving me banana's.

Jonie :)

Edited by kahdah, 01 July 2008 - 06:37 PM.
removed log's

Advertisements

Guest_jjsmith_*

Guest_jjsmith_*
your source/destination ports are never going to be the same, its because you are using NAT (Network Address Translation) thats a part of it... What do you mean by listing 17+ times of firefox in comodo. Also how do you know you went from a 13meg to a meg, what type of testing have you done to prove this.