Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios beeps

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I have a computer that boots up fine but the bios beeps are funny. Instead on one beep for normal the one beep is followed in about 5 seconds with two short beeps. Like I said it boots up and runs fine. Has anyone heard this before. Picky

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello Picky,

Check that your video card is properly seated and check cooling fan is running all the time.

Regards,

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Already reseated the video card, and there is no fan just a heat sink on this PCI video card.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Do you have that beep now.

Regards,

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Yes , one beep followed in 5 seconds by two beeps. No problem with pc it boots up fine.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Remove existing memory and try to put in the slot 1 by 1. What happens.

Regards,

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Removed memory, put new memory in different slot, changed slot with new memory, still got the same beeps but still boots up fine.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Try removing all conections and leaving the board for all power etc to drain, clear the CMOS with the jumper and see how that goes.

Regards,

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I tried that awhile back, I set the board to default with the jumper with no power added. Could this be a fluke and this board has been running for a long time like this. I just got curious about the extra beeps.