Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card/driver problems?

• Please log in to reply

arklogic

arklogic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay my computer (windows xp, bought in 2002) had a trojan, and my antivirus program could see it but couldnt delete it. So, I backed up the data, and popped in a windows xp cd i burned from an image I downloaded. After reformatting, everything was fine except the speakers wouldnt play. I figured that this was because i needed to install the driver for the sound card. I popped in the cd for the driver that came with the computer (creative soundblaster live). After i finish installing, it prompts me to restart. At this point, the speakers play music perfectly, everything is back to normal. When I do restart the computer, the speakers are very static-y and fuzzy. If i uninstall the driver, then reinstall it, the same situation happens. Using headphones instead of the speakers does not change this. What can i do?

thanks for the help!

Edited by arklogic, 03 July 2008 - 12:11 AM.

Advertisements

P.Miroslaw

P.Miroslaw

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

4. Questions, Answers, and other Content
You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not:
Illegal
Obscene
Threatening
Defamatory
Hateful
Invasive of privacy
Infringing of intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademark rights)
Racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable
Otherwise harmful or injurious to third parties

Burning a Win XP cd from an image counts as part of the bold. It is against the Terms of Use.