Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP doesn't boot up properly

• Please log in to reply

favero

favero

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi:

Only recently Windows has locked me out and asks for the system disk. This happened yesterday and I put it in and it always goes to the blue XP set up screen giving me the option to install or repair. I go to the repair option but it's too complicated for me to work out next what to do. It was only tonight that I got it through the boot up by pressing the F8 key repeatedly, which presented me with a boot up screen and I pointed it to my system drive. I have to do this every time I start the computer now which is very annoying. I'm also noticing that programs are freezing up and not responding like my firewall just before as i was looking at some potentially unfriendly files. The computer also froze completely on me when I was installing a game from DVD Rom. I used the 3-fingered salute and task manager came on so I clicked on the non-responding My computer item, but soon after my mouse stuck and I had to use the restart button to get my computer up and running again, but this time it shouted to me that I had this system failure. Any idea anyone.

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello favero !

You have two options : try sistem restore to the day before you installed game or use system repair for your system.

Regards,

favero

favero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
cheers mirjel. The thing is I did use sys res a few hours before this incident. The game didn't install. It crashed as soon as I put the DVD in. Is that System Repair on the MSDOS based repair console?

Fav.

P.S. Firefox takes ages to load now as well and i can't get direct link on my email's to work. I had to copy and paste to get to this URL.