Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing Text Highlight Colour in Vista

• Please log in to reply

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
:) Well, having bought a laptop, and used it under Windows Classic view for a while, figured I'd be brave and give vista aero theme a spin.

Loads of customisable settings and easy to find - except the glaringly obvious one - the text highlight colour which is currently a very bright blue - horrible!

Anyone know how to change it - googled this before posting, visisted my forums and all describe how to change everything but the highlight colour.

Something so simple - yet so difficult.

Other things I don't like about Vista:

Pressing Alt-Tab to cycle through open apps/docs presents thumbnail images, as does clicking in the bar at the bottom of the screen - between quick launch and system tray icons.

Anyway of making the application icon more visible, preferably losing the thumbnail - which is just plain confusing?

I'm sure I'll find other annoyances - I do try to find the answers myself before posting, honest!

Thanks for your help :)

Dave B - Linuxwannabee

Advertisements