Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer can only print 'ALL' not other options - help!

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
In the print options dialog box, only All works, not Selection nor Pages. This happens with two printers I tried.

All was well during a long printing job, stopped to put in new cartridge, and problem appeared trying to continue. I cancelled everything, print queue etc., checked the printer properties and even re booted clicked on New Driver for that model to no avail. I then used another model printer with the same no result.

Can anyone advise please?

Advertisements

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I should add that I was trying to print from Notepad. Also I've now noted that if I go to print a web page or select a part of a web page all is well - those options work OK.
Also there is the number 1 in that print dialog option box but there is nothing in the problem notepad printing dialog box.
Also if my text is opened in Wordpad then again all is well but cannot complete the job as the layout is different and wont fit on the other side of pages already printed, and there are too many to do again!

Are these clues to my problem?

Edited by Plutox, 06 July 2008 - 01:15 PM.