Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

updating pirated software

• Please log in to reply

queenliz

queenliz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I hope my post will prove to be useful.
My cousin, not me, downloaded adobe master collection cs3 and coreldraw graphics suite x4 for vista. However she got them freely from the internet ( i know). I learnt that SHE couldn't update while SHE was installing them.
However, is it possible to do updates to any of these programs without the companies shutting them down?
and if i get good responses, perhaps we can use this forum to find out which programs can be updated through the software without any hiccups. and if anyone need to know the website i use, let me know. Of course im instructing her to delete the programs since i want her to learn to do the right thing and pay the $2000 or so the software would have cost :)

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Are you asking whether there is a way to update these pirated programs? The answer is no and it's not something we support on GTG.

If you are asking something else, please explain in detail. I am unable to understand exactly what you are asking.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Many commercial programs including Windows, Adobe and what not now refuse to do any updates if they are cracked copies. Most updates are delivered directly from the sites of the people who made them.

Therefore the moral of the story is if you want the updates, you must licence the software properly or you'll get nothing.
It's not for us or anybody else to tell your cousin what to do with her computer. If she wants to run dodgy software, that's up to her.