Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't start

• Please log in to reply

xassassynx

xassassynx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Basically i think i got a anti virus program called malware on my computer (Windows XP 2005 Media Center Edition) some how. My wallpaper changed to something like "A virus has been detected on your computer. Install an anti-virus program to remove this". I didn't install anything and just ignored it and roughly a week later or so my computer would not boot up. I tried safe mode and all that stuff and then i believe i went to the f8 setup thing and changed a setting and now it wont start at all. It fires up just like normal but nothing appears on my monitor (yes i have it plugged in). It basically just sits there and about 3-5 seconds after i have pressed the startup button it freezes up, or so i think. I then have to press the power button in for 5 seconds in order to shut it down. I am currently trying to do stuff with the windows xp start up disks but i havent had any obvious sucess. When i put them in it basically acts as though it is reading the disks and loading something but the monitor will not start up and then basically it sits there with the reading disk light flashing. If any knows what i could do to fix this problem please let me know. Also if this helps i have un-plugged and re-plugged the monitor and when unplugged it displays check signal cable and when plugged it says digital power saving mode and then goes blank. I am next to clueless about what to do so if anyone has any recommendations please share.

(Also if someone has already posted something like this please give me the link or if i am in the wrong section for this post please give me the link so i can post it in the appropriate location.)

Edited by xassassynx, 07 July 2008 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please go to the malware forum and make sure you are clean first.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660