Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black lines on photos

• Please log in to reply

willisbenson

willisbenson

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My printer is making even black lines on my photos. Not every one, but most of them. Help

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried cleaning the printer? what kind of printer is it? tried a new ink cartridge yet?

willisbenson

willisbenson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
HP Photosmart 8400. All three cartridges are new. The first few prints from these cartridges were fine. Using HP ink. Ran the service program for print heads. This happened a few months ago and stoped by itself. I hope it does this time

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Check the home page support for this problem.
Seems I remember a similar thing with a printer I had.
It was simply a setting that needed changed.
The right paper setting for the paper used.
Something like that.

Or it could be a bad print head or cartridge.
Hard to say.

Edited by cmpm, 07 July 2008 - 02:48 PM.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
found this if it helps any...

D) Black Lines
Do you have a document feeder? Clean the thin glass next to the larger glass. This is the glass your paper passes when using the document feeder.
Drum unit, drum blade or fuser roller could be worn. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN THESE YOURSELF! Contact your service company.

matofthemint

matofthemint

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Make sure the foto you are printing has an even number for the dpi - printers in general, and HP in particular don't like decimals in the dpi. This will cause lines to be printed.