Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Conecting to the Router Directly.

• Please log in to reply

Mark712366

Mark712366

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I was trying to google my problem and ended up here, you all seem to know what your talking about so im hoping you could help me with my long time internet problems.

Ok the main problem at the moment is conecting to the router via an ethernet cable. I can some times do it just after I reset the device but after a while when I try to access it via 192.168.2.1 it just comes up page cant be dissplayed. I then need to reload the page around 6 times, then click dissconect, reloading the page and then conecting it. Its the same with web pages, having to refresh atleast a few times before it even "trys" to conect to the web site. Iv tryed but I cant find the problem, the only thing I can think of is replacing the router, but I was hoping there was a better awnser.

I have a few more problems but this one is the worst, esspecialy since im taking a computing course in networking in college, it realy gets me I cant find a solution :)

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Mark712366, 08 July 2008 - 06:43 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you tried resetting the router back to default settings to find out whether or not it is a setting issue?

What kind of router is it?

Mark712366

Mark712366

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its a belkin router. Ive saved the settings, set it back to factory defult and then imported the settings, no diffrent. Its now half loading pages and stuff, I have no idea whats wrong.

Edited by Mark712366, 09 July 2008 - 08:44 AM.