Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[RESOLVED]Computer turning on, but no image or response

• Please log in to reply

hydrolist

hydrolist

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi all :) Need some help with this inconvenient challenge.

i was filding with the HDD yesturday taking it in and out to fix an lsass.exe error (see here) and now it won't start up. When I hit the power button, the fan turrns on the firmiliar noise from the HDD to signal its starting and being accessed and everything seems to be working but the monitor stays blank repeating 'no signal'.

The start button also doesn't respond when I hold it down for about 6-8seconds for it to shutdown - the computer continues to run. I have to manually hit the switch at the back of the tower near the power cord to turn the system off.

I was also fidling with the fan yesturday, the [bleep] thing is too loud and im thinking of replacing it. I undid one hook but then pushed it back into place thinking i shouldn't tamper with it - could this have possibly corrupted the processor or damaged something around it?

Thanks for your help so far, I need to get this [bleep] thing fixed, especially since I have university work to complete!

---------

EDIT

--

Issue resolved, see below for cause. I did do some research in this, if anyone else is experiencing similar problems, it will be most likely due to your processor or motherboard.

Edited by hydrolist, 08 July 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Advertisements

hydrolist

hydrolist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
aha! I know what it is! Its the processor. when I was messing around with the fan, I must have applied uneven force to it when I was inserting it back into its slot when a few pins on the processor got bent.

Im now using tweasers to reshape the pins :)