Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a new rouder..

• Please log in to reply

ryang96

ryang96

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok so right now i have a net-gear wgr614v5 but it sucks so i want a new one.
i need a router that has wireless, but also you can use it like a wired rouder.

i need it to be able to hook up to a wii and be able to play pc gams with no problems..such as i can't host on warcraft with this net-gear thing..and i want to be able to.
also i need one that isn't overly expensive.

thanks..

Edited by ryang96, 09 July 2008 - 10:16 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
What sucks with the router? My 614v9 cannot reach its speed limit of 54Mb simply because there are no hi-speed internet company's that are capable of those speeds. Even my 15Mbps cable line is the bottleneck on my system. Perhaps you want the wireless "N" system now. Maybe a 300 Mbps router is good, if you have the ISP that can match it. I check into Verizon FIOS but it is still limited to 50 Mbps which my netgear 614 router can obtain, so theres not much improvement there for the same cost as cable.

I have had no problems whatsoever with my system and i have 8 computers on it, 4 wired and 4wireless. By the way Tiger direct has recertified netgear WPN 111 wireless USB dongles at a very good price($20). I have no problems with the ones i bought from there.

http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=2699

SRX660

ryang96

ryang96

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
well, it's just that it doesn't work with my games half the time, but im using the wired part of the rouder..and that my wii can't hook up to it