Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help! System crashed, lost all pics of my kids

• Please log in to reply

momuv4qtz

momuv4qtz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi. I don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm desparate. My son was goofing on the internet, and I don't know what he did, but the computer would not start. I got this black screen w/ options to choose from, and nothing worked. I hit F11 like crazy, and my emachine did a self-restore thing. I didn't think it would delete all of my files, but everything is gone. I can deal w/ all of the word docs being gone, but my kids baby pics are now gone. Can someone please help me? I'm in tears here, and hope there's some chance of getting my pics back. Thanks for any help that you can give!

Advertisements

S_t_r_y_k_e_r

S_t_r_y_k_e_r

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
HI momuv4qtz

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however the chances are your files are indeed gone.

If you want to try it yourself, then I have used a piece of software called Recuva which can be downloaded from here: http://www.piriform....filterBy=Recuva

Please note that this worked for me, however that was on files I had deleted manually so I'm not sure if it would work on a drive following a system recovery

There is however a small glimmer of hope. There are companies who offer a forensic service, and by that I mean they can possibly restore some or all of your files. They somehow deep scan a drive and recover what they can. I'm not sure of the exact in's and out of how it works.

My advice would be to contact them as soon as possible, as the earlier they look into it, the more chance they have of sucess.

They may tell you it's not possible to do, however it would do no harm to enquire.

I'd would try the professionals first and see what they say.

I hope they give you good news.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

There are companies who offer a forensic service, and by that I mean they can possibly restore some or all of your files. They somehow deep scan a drive and recover what they can

But as far as I'm aware, their service isn't exactly cheap!!!!