Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with my microsoft keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Djwoo91

Djwoo91

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok, here is the deal.

You see, my desktop has 6 usb ports, 2 in front and 4 in back.

My mouse and keyboard are both usb so i plugged them into the back,
Earlier today, i was just turning on my computer and i found that my keyboard was not connected.
It was in the usb socket and all but the computer kept saying there was no keyboard attached to the comp.

I tried all 4 sockets in the back and 2 in the front. The ones in the front work but the ones in the back dont. My usb mouse works on all the sockets so i dont think its a usb port problem. My keyboard is physically sound and since it works in the front usb ports, it's not a wiring issue...

Please help, here are the details you might need

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
Drivers all updated

Advertisements

hotshizle

hotshizle

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Try to call the manufacturer of your keyboard.

And update everything (including Windows Update)

and then try to connect again.

If its still not detected Go to your manufacturer's website and then look for the right keyboard driver.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The first thing I would try would be to remove the drivers, restart the PC and then install them again.

Have you installed any new software or hardware?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 10 July 2008 - 08:34 AM.

call of duty 4

call of duty 4

• Pip
  • 8 posts
need help with keyboard won't write unless hold key need urgent reply to help my friend. PLUGGED IN AND OUT the keyboard still nothing