Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrades/Maintenance for iBooks

• Please log in to reply

Tech Teacher

Tech Teacher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently because the technology director at a public elementary school. We have about 50 iBooks that are a few years old, and now that it's summer, I have time to do some routine maintenance to clean them up and keep them in good working order.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for what sorts of things to do? Other than Software Update, and probably doing a full battery drain and re-charge for all of them, what are some other good options?

I'm not as familiar on Mac OS's - on a Windows machine I might defrag the hard drive and other things like that.

Thanks

Advertisements

pauline addis

pauline addis

• Visiting Consultant
  • 777 posts
Hi Tech Teacher,

I don't know if still needed, but you can download Onyx from Titanium website, which is a multifunction utility (for example the leopard version allows you to verify the Startup Disk and the structure of its System files, to run misc tasks of system maintenance, to configure some hidden parameters of the Finder, Dock, Dashboard, Exposé, Safari, Login window and of some of Apple's own applications, to delete caches, to remove a certain number of files and folders that may become cumbersome and more.)

Onyx

And of course update the OS and applications (clic on the apple, system preferences, update) or throught the apple website.