Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop wont start, blue screen comes up after xp loaded.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stokie.dan

stokie.dan

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok, everytime i now switch on my laptop it does load up the xp loading set-up thing then after that it will go all black for 5 mins then for 2 seconds a blue screen comes up saying beginning dump of physicial memory and other things i cant make out cus it goes off so fast. once gone off it will reboot and do the same thing.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
a better long-term solution is to turn off the automatic reboot so you can actually see the error when it happens. Chances are it will tell you enough about itself to let you troubleshoot further.

IF windows constantly reboots, or flashes a blue screen and then shuts down, Try hitting the F8 key while the computer is booting up. What you want is the black screen where it says:

Windows Advanced Options Menu

Onec there pick "safe mode" and do the following steps below

To change the recovery settings to disable automatic rebooting:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Now when you go to shut down and a fatal error occurs, you'll at least see it and it won't cause an automatic reboot. You still have to sort out what's causing the problem.

Copy the information from the blue screen and look it up on the Aumha website to tell you where the problem is occuring.

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

You can post the information on this thread so we can help you with the problem.

SRX660

stokie.dan

stokie.dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
it looks like the hardrive has naffed up. ive just bought a new one now so be free to close this thread. thanks for your help.