Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some big computer problems

• Please log in to reply

rubendodge

rubendodge

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok 2 days ago my uncle wanted me to install a anti-virus which is good since his Norton subscription ran out a couple of months back. Norton didn't detect any viruses and my uncle scanned daily. Well we installed Avg and after the install it detected Zlob.downloader ,PSW.banker3 ,and A couple of others trojans. Well we removed them and the next reboot the start bar kept freezinf when you tried to access the sound well all the "Fixes" on google failed and Now the problem has progressed now the system itself will freeze when booted normally about 5 minutes after. I'm in safe mode right now and detected yet more trojans again. I am going to attach a hijackthis log in an attempt to receive extra help. Also note his taskbar wasnt freezing until after we removed the trojans.

Operation System:Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium Basic
Anymore needed info I will provide.

Attached Files

Edited by Essexboy, 11 July 2008 - 11:45 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
When you installed AVG, did you uninstall Norton AV? It sounds like you have a conflict between 2 AV's that are running. Try uninstalling Norton's. You may find that REVO uninstaller may work better than windows at uninstalling.

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

SRX660

rubendodge

rubendodge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I un-installed the norton av before hand(already knew that 2 avs can conflict each-other)
The thing is no matter what I do/Have done the problem still isnt fixed and my normal way of finding fixes(google) has failed me as all the "Fixes" I found dont fix it :).

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please go to this forum and post your hijack this there.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660