Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

KEEP GETTING IEXPLORER.EXE ERRORS

• Please log in to reply

godess21

godess21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I KEEP GETTING KICKED OUT OF SITES,I DON'T KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT COMPUTERS, I TRIED TO CLEAN OUT ALL THE UNNEEDED FILES,IT SHOWED SOMETHING ABOUT CATROOT2,DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS?! TRIED TO DELETE IT BUT SAID IT WAS BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE,HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN ALL THE INFECTIONS OFF MY COMPUTER WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND MONEY ? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello godess21 and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I would like to start with asking you not to use all caps.
It is considered shouting and it's unpleasant to the eye.

Where exactly did you find this Catroot2?
Could you define: "I keep getting kicked out of sites"?
Do you have any protection programs installed? (Anti-Virus)

I'm just asking a few questions to see if this is malware related or if this is tech related.
I'll answer accordingly :)

Regards,
Olrik

godess21

godess21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What I meant by getting kicked out of sites is thatwhen i get on to myspace or any site that has to do with that i get an error iexplorer.exe,i just noticed now that i had problems logging into this site.I also got an error braviax.exe,what's going on? my computer i thought has xp antivirus. Don't know if its on but something keeps popping up that says how many infections my computer has.One day it's a hundred now it's 75.Don't know what to do! I found catroot2 when i cleaned out all the unnessary files.Thanks for helping.

Edited by godess21, 13 July 2008 - 03:02 PM.

godess21

godess21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
By the way Thanks for replying back!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suspect that you have malware on your machine. I suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Please don't post malware advice.