Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installshield version 12

• Please log in to reply

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi guys,

I am having problems running an Installshield executable. It gets about half way through then stops, quoting error 0x080040706 - object reference not set.

I did a google on this error and found out that it meant that there was a version problem. I've checked the version of the Installshield executable and it is 12.0.0.58851.

I can successfully use Installshield's of earlier versions.....The same website that explained it was a version problem also showed how to update the software for versions 2 - 11, but not 12.

Can someone please help me out!!!???

Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if this is the full version of intallshield, then you will probably need to contact them direclty

http://consumer.inst...eld.com/who.asp

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

No, this is not the developer version or anything like that. It is just the 'normal' extraction Installshield that I assume gets installed with Windows?!?

Thanks

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what were you trying to install?

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

It was the Call of Duty 4 patch v1.6....

Cheers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can get the 1.6 patch here

patch 1.7 can be found here

I suspect that you may have a corrupted download. Try downloading from the above link.