Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help?(Ignore problem fixed) [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wilsojul

wilsojul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So today I downloaded a file that i believed to be safe....long story short several things happend after i opened it. My desktop background got changed to a screen saying SPYWARE DECTEDED CLICK HERE TO CHECK..so i didn't click. My task manager got disabled and so did my options to change my background settings. I was able to figure out how to get those both back. After a restart and going into safe mode to try and find the files i restarted I wasn't able to connect online with anything. So i used my girlfriends computer to download spybot and hijack to try and install and figure things out so i transfered them useing a external hd and went to install them but when i double clicked on them nothing happend...so i tried again same thing. I tried to open mozilla and nothing happend. I went into msconfig and disabled any program that i didn't know of. I later got adware,installed it and it ran just fine. It came up with several entries the first time i ran it so i removed those. I later ran it and it came up with Virtumondo so i downloaded the virtumondofix and ran that but it didn't come up with anything.... I'm running out of ideas of what to do. Oh and apperently when i try and open up notepad it stops responding and a DEP warning comes up. I've also gotten a DEP for Ip configuration utility.

Edited by wilsojul, 14 July 2008 - 12:57 PM.

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.