Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Novell Zenworks 7 and Windows Vista Business

• Please log in to reply

Decepticon

Decepticon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have been wracking my brain and scouring the net for any insight as to what the issue is here.

I work at a school and use Novell for network management and what not...we also use Novell's Zenworks for imaging student/teacher/staff PC's and laptops. I am familiar with creating images and whatnot but I am having a serious issue with Vista Business and imaging. I have a master image that works fine on the laptop that it was created on. But when I multicast the image to 3 other laptops, it seems to go very smoothly until the first boot. Vista appears to load fine but when it gets to the logon screen, there is no logon. Just the Vista blue background, 'Ease of Access' button and the shutdown button. It's just weird as I have never experienced this before.

Laptop is a HP 6820s, Vista Business, 2gb Ram, Plenty of HD space, Novell Vista client version 1.00 (I believe this is the new one that novell made for Vista).

I can boot into Safe mode, so I am thinking that this is probably a Novell Client issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: This has happened before too and is happening now: I booted into safe mode, removed the novell client and then it would boot into the Windows logon but certain system files are not 'copying' to or from the new image such as Systemproperties (right click on 'computer' and click properties) It actually says the file is missing. This is also the case with other important system executables.

Edited by Decepticon, 14 July 2008 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements