Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unwanted change of desktop picture and taskbar font size

• Please log in to reply

patrik

patrik

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I got amazing help from andrewuk to clean my computer from all sort of nasty stuff. It is now cleaned of malware. However, I still have a couple of small issues. They could be nothing at all, but I want to be absolute sure its just normal changes that I can redo myself in controlpanel.
The fontsize in the taskbar got bigger when it was infected, and also when starting up the computer the desktop image becomes the 'Windows green field' image just before the 'starting Windows' blue screen.

I dont know if my question makes any sense, but if anyone understands I am as usual extremely grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you all who help us with an extra digital chromosome.

/P

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Good job at the malware removal! I know that it is no small task.

Sometimes during the infection and clean-up, a user's account becomes corrupted. This is often minor and can be corrected, but I have come to like the benefits of using a "fresh" account, especially as it is not difficult to transfer all my data and settings from the 'old' account over to a 'new' one.

Microsoft explains: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

A careful reading discloses that it is basically a "copy and Paste" operation that must be run from an "Admin" account that is not involved. I use the overall ADMINISTRATOR account to do this myself.

After living with the 'new' account for a while, and suffering the log-in at the Welcome Screen, I become assured that all my data is available and delete the 'old' account.

I believe that you will find this to be an effective method of correcting various sorts of "goofyness."