Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Font change problems XP Prosp2

• Please log in to reply

KatieBug

KatieBug

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed both the Asian pack and Hebrew Pack from the Windows Xp Pro disk. I needed the fonts to actually make words not just for a cool font.

I started getting Asian fonts popping up here and there especially with updates to Adobe Reader which came totally in Asian characters. uninstalled the Asian pack and deleted every Asian font I could find. Still did the same thing. I changed the default font in IE but I am still getting wierd fonts. Now not Asian (no idea why it changed as it was the same after removal of fonts) but another unreadable font.

This is a serious issue when updates come, I haave no idea if I am installing or cancelling and worse if I am installing something I had not planned on.

Put this on MS forum, no help.

Thanks for anything you can recommend.

~~C

Advertisements