Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Font change problems XP Prosp2

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed both the Asian pack and Hebrew Pack from the Windows Xp Pro disk. I needed the fonts to actually make words not just for a cool font.

I started getting Asian fonts popping up here and there especially with updates to Adobe Reader which came totally in Asian characters. uninstalled the Asian pack and deleted every Asian font I could find. Still did the same thing. I changed the default font in IE but I am still getting wierd fonts. Now not Asian (no idea why it changed as it was the same after removal of fonts) but another unreadable font.

This is a serious issue when updates come, I haave no idea if I am installing or cancelling and worse if I am installing something I had not planned on.

Put this on MS forum, no help.

Thanks for anything you can recommend.