Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless-G router

• Please log in to reply

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
On the last ipconfig /all did you plug your computer into the hub or the router?

If your hub is in fact acting as a DHCP server than the DHCP server functionality needs to be turned off the router. Turn it back on as a DHCP client.

Have you considered putting the router in front of the hub? As in link from modem to WAN port on the router, PC port on router to the hub.

Edited by Titan8990, 18 July 2008 - 04:11 PM.

Advertisements

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I ask one of my friends who is more into networking to look at it and since I was running it from the hub I needed to plug the cable into the uplink port on the router instead of the WAN port. Since I was lucky enough to have that port on my router all I did was plug that in. But if I hadn't had the port I would've had to use a cross-over cable. Once again the problem is the littlest thing.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I'm glad you got everything worked out. In school, they teach what hubs are and what they do not teach us to troubleshoot hub problems because they tell us they don't exist in the real work anymore (no one uses them).