Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sp1

• Please log in to reply

philly30

philly30

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I was having major problems with my computer and i had to reinstall vista. but now after getting all the updates from windows update i don;t have sp1 anymore, i don't understand why it did not show up in windows update. also i did all this on july 11, and since then windows update is saying there are no new updates available , this seems odd, usually there are updates every few days

Edited by philly30, 15 July 2008 - 02:29 AM.

Advertisements

Smokin Aces

Smokin Aces

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Philly after reading your post , Windows might need to have so many previous updates installed before the system can hold SP1
but this is just a guess,

I have recently just formatted my computer as well , and i also never received any SP1 update

Luckily enough though i already have my own version i downloaded of a site

I would be willing to send this to you , but it is to big to upload here i will upload to this other site and send you the link if you wish
let me know what you want to do :)

philly30

philly30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Hi Philly after reading your post , Windows might need to have so many previous updates installed before the system can hold SP1
but this is just a guess,

I have recently just formatted my computer as well , and i also never received any SP1 update

Luckily enough though i already have my own version i downloaded of a site

I would be willing to send this to you , but it is to big to upload here i will upload to this other site and send you the link if you wish
let me know what you want to do :)

i did the download and install of sp1 from microsoft's website, now i have sp1, but windows update still says there are no available updates since july 11, is this true?

Smokin Aces

Smokin Aces

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey i wouldnt worry to much about it , if these updates are important updates Windows will alert you if not though
& you want these updates you can go to the Microsoft web site and download them :)

philly30

philly30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
seems to be working now :)