Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007 error when closing

• Please log in to reply

jrauh

jrauh

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am running Office 2007 with Windows XP. Whenever I close Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint I get a popup that says "Microsoft Office Word (or whatever application) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then, the application such as Word wants to reopen. This is occurring when I am actually closing the application.

I have done numerous searches online but not found any solutions.

Please help me!!

Attached Files

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Try running microsoft office updates here http://office.micros...1321101033.aspx, if that doesn't work I suggest reinstalling your microsoft office suite from scratch.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
If you have your original Office disks, you could try the Detect and Repair option from the Help menu.

peakie22

peakie22

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have this problem just with Word. I've read in other newsgroups that it's an issue with HP all-in-one printers but whether the fault is with MS or HP is the normal pingpong game. A work-round to set the default printer to the XPS Document Writer is suggested which appears to work but means you can't use the QuickPrint button.

Nanakhotwani

Nanakhotwani

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have this problem just with Word. I've read in other newsgroups that it's an issue with HP all-in-one printers but whether the fault is with MS or HP is the normal pingpong game. A work-round to set the default printer to the XPS Document Writer is suggested which appears to work but means you can't use the QuickPrint button.

Nanakhotwani

Nanakhotwani

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey dear thanks a lot...even i was facing this issue since long..tried reinstalling office but that did not worked. But bafter i set the default printer to xps document the issue is resolved.