Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

History help

• Please log in to reply

thejayster2121

thejayster2121

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I do a lot of research spanning multiple days taking notes along the way. I have the history folder set for three days and I've found that's it's easier jumping from my notes to the websites and back than writing everything down at once. The problem? My son keeps deleting the history so he can play games - says pc runs faster. Whatever. I need to keep the history so I'm not wasting time trying to find where I've been already. Any help on having the history file being non-deletable until the specified days???
Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
First, deleting history is not going to speed up a PC for game playing. Secondly, why are you using the History files instead of setting all the sites you want to return to as a bookmark/favorite? You can always backup the bookmarks/favorites folder to a thumbdrive and use them from there.

If you use Firefox, you can make a folder anywhere and export the bookmarks periodically or install FEBE add-on to make a schedule backup for all Firefox information.

Ron