Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pioneer DVD RW DVR-108 Drive

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Recently used the above mentioned but today, find I am unable to do so.
The attached shows what I am experiencing. In passing perhaps should also mention that opening and closing the drive is not a problem. Instructions carried out accordingly but to no avail.
Must admit not quite sure what would happen were I to attempt uninstalling. Would that mean my having to open up the PC and perhaps having to reinstall another (assuming it is defekt) or is it possible to reinstall the drivers (assuming I can find them). Where would I find the drivers for this device?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Try following the instructions (carefully!) found in this Microsoft KB article to clear the Upper and Lower Filters from your drive, hopefully enabling the enabling function for the drive. :)

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Uninstall through device manager first

Then click scan for hardware changes or reboot computer

See picture

Attached Thumbnails

• device_manager.jpg

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi Peter

Followed your instructions and worked like a dream. Drive once again in working conditions. Tks

Perhaps you are able to help me with my other drive which works, but intermittently I experience problems. Device Manager does not indicate any problems but very often it takes very long before it reads anything the inserted discs.
There are times when no reaction is experienced.
Should I go thru the same procedure which was indicated concerning DVD-RW DVR-108

The details of of drive as follows: IDE DVD-ROM 16X

Just for info attaching details of drive

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
You can try a lens cleaner

I use only Tevion CD/DVD disks never had a problem with these
They are a bit more expensive than some makes.

INFO

http://www.geekstogo...XP-t142390.html