Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop Not Running with Tablet PC

• Please log in to reply

Artemis736

Artemis736

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently purchased an HP Pavilion tx 2000 tablet pc (running Windows Vista as my OS). It's a great laptop and I've had no trouble running any applications except for Adobe Photoshop CS. The program installs fine (I have re-installed it successfully many times to try and remedy my problem) but when I go to run it, the application window opens and a pop-up appears with a message reading: "Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all applications and try again." Clicking "OK" on this pop-up results in the program window closing.

I've tried shutting down all applications (including internet security and whatnot) and it doesn't make a difference. The weird thing is that the disk I downloaded Photoshop off of also included Image Ready...and that program works beautifully. So I'm wondering if it isn't a problem with my laptop rather than the program itself? Still, I find it hard to believe that I don't have enough memory on this brand new computer to run Photoshop, especially since I have used it on two older computers (one XP and one Vista) without a problem.

A friend of mine who is very good with computers thinks it's an issue of memory allocation (he says that tablet pcs allocate memory differently than regular pcs) though he can't figure out how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this problem? Please help!! :)

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Call Adobe: see if they can manually activate the program for you.