can't get into firewall to turn it on
Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:45 AM
Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:05 AM
Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:10 AM
Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:34 PM
Please follow the instructions in this Microsoft KB article (which I've quoted below) to enable you to open the Services console.
To resolve this behavior, add the %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM folder to your PATH environment variable. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
3. Under System Variables double-click the PATH environment variable.
Note If other system variables appear, do not remove them.
5. Click OK, and then click OK.
After you run through the steps there, we will be able to assist your further.
Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:46 AM
Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:14 PM
got to environment variables and clicked on that but could not find what you tild me to look for, there was... CLASSPATH< ComSpec, FP_NO_HOST_C..., NUMBER_OF_P..., OS, Path, PATHEXT< PROCESSOR-A.., PROCESSOR-ID..., PROCESSOR-LE..., PROCESSOR-R..., QTJAVA, TEMP, TMP, windir, and nothing else! i worry using it with out firewall, thanks
In that case, you'll need to add the Path Variable. Follow through to step 2 of the previous instructions, then:
- Click the New button
- Type "Path" (without the quotes) into the variable name box.
- Type "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM" (without the quotes) into the variable value box.
- Click OK, and then click OK.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users