Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lonely NT Server on 2003 Domain

• Please log in to reply

Kwashnak

Kwashnak

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm hoping someone has a thought on this. I've recently upgraded an NT domain to a 2003 domain. On the old domain there was an NT PDC, and a regular NT server that was not a controller. After the upgrade, the NT server that was not a DC will connect and disconnect from the network at random intervals. It will be working fine then suddenly start declaring "The RPC server is unavailable" and will stop talking to the network. It has a static IP, and is set on the DNS. Machines outside the server can see and ping the trouble child, and existing connnections will stay, but no new connections to the server through the network will be taken, until the server decides to rejoin the network again. Everything I read says that NT server will work fine with 2003 in interim mode, and the NT BDC that still exists will play all right, it's just this one machine.

Does anyone have any insight into this? It would be really appreciated. I've been beating my head against the wall with this for days now.

Advertisements