Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help for an event setup - Macs & PCs

• Please log in to reply

londonmedia

londonmedia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, hope someone can help me.

I'm running an event next week and am trying to work out the technical aspects of making different equipment talk to eachother.

It's at a pub venue, and I'm going to utilise their AV system to run presentations - 4 presentations are on PC laptops/PowerPoint, 1 is on a mac/Keynote.

The issue is that to run the presentations to 2 screens through their system the laptops must be about 10 metres away from the person presenting. Any help with the questions below would be REALLY appreciated!

1. There will be about 200 people packed in to the room, plus cameraman, plus 2 radio mics. Will any of this affect adversely affect the range of a wireless presenter (used to cycle through the slides)?

2. Can anyone recommend a wireless presenter that works with both macs and PC laptops without installing a driver (as people are bringing their own machines)

3. I've been told that macs have a different output to PCs. I'm planning to buy a cable/converter to change the VGA output from the PC laptops to RCA (I think that's the right term - the red, yellow and white leads?) to plug into the AV system. Anyone know if I can do a similar thing with a mac either to this RCA thingummy or SCART?

4. I've just been told that to get a decent radio mic I should buy a sennheiser EW112 at around £285, or a cheaper option from AZDEN. Anyone got any better (ie cheaper) advice?

Thanks for your help, crossing my fingers doesn't seem to be working...

:)

Advertisements