Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi Radeon 9800 Pro installation drivers

• Please log in to reply

Yellowleader

Yellowleader

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi there,

I build my own computers and usually do not have a problem with this type of stuff, but i wanted to come and ask some advice before I do this, let me explain the situation.

My girlfriend does not live in the same state as me at the moment and she is having some problems with her graphics card, due to the fact that it is a built in GPU (lol). I am going to send her my Radeon 9800 Pro since I just have it sitting around from an older computer of mine. My problem is, I used to have the installation drivers for it but I cannot find the CD that came with it.

So, I went to the ATI site after some searching, and found this:

http://game.amd.com/...p=xp/radeonx-xp
(The suite is for the Radeon 9800 series and includes the display drivers along with the catalyst control center and WDM drivers)

I downloaded the catalyst set and have it ready to throw on a CD with an autorun.inf file to make it even easier for her. After alot of searching for the actual CD drivers the suite from the amd site is the only one I have found at the moment. My question is will this work as installation drivers? If not do you know a location where I can download the drivers or can anyone pull it off their CD and upload it somewhere for me to download?

Thank you for your time,
Matt

Edited by Yellowleader, 19 July 2008 - 11:28 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

The full suite will install the drivers for the graphics card. If you don't want the full suite, you can click here and download just the drivers part (Option 2).

Cheers

Troy

Edited by troy, 20 July 2008 - 03:04 AM.