Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dreaded c000021a error - can't resolve!

• Please log in to reply

Tim Clarke

Tim Clarke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi - I just joined this forum because my c000021a error seems to be super resilient to any troubleshooting.

I've tried the usual techniques, and nothing works.

Attempting to boot from the XP install disk results in another blue screen near the end of the startup -

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time....(etc.)

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xc0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

Is there anything I can do at this point? Is there some software I can buy that will help me out? I'm a mac guy, but this is our family PC.

The error happened when I initiated the Windows repair tool or whatever it's called. Explorer has been a problem (often crashing) and I was hoping naively that a Windows tool would fix a Windows application. Frankly I'm stunned that this tool would bring the computer to it's knees.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Are you able to get Windows to boot (either normally or in safe mode)?
If so, have you tried system restore?

Failing that, if windows doesn't boot, have you tried booting using last known good config?

If that doesn't work, what about recover console?

You said that attempts to boot from the XP install disk resulted in another BSOD. At what point exactly does the BSOD occur?