Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Dimension 5100 drivers

• Please log in to reply

troxio

troxio

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have a Dell Dimension PC, which was currently reinstalled, it has XP Pro on it, and I have a sigmatel audio card in it, but the only driver in the DELL website is not the one I need. Plus because of the reinstall when I open up internet and scroll down the screen is kind of reacting late.. Please, any help, I appreciate it! :)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do these work with your chipset model?

http://www.drivershq...delDrivers.aspx

SRX660

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
The driver located here isn't the one you need? What happens when you try installing this driver?

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
No, those drivers did not work, when I install it, and then reboot, this is the message I get: "THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT SUPPORT THE DRIVER YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL" and then quits the installation. Also I forgot to mention, that before my PC got reinstalled, there was a Drivers folder, and I saved it, and in the AUDIO folder, which has kind of a readme file in it! [I have attached it] this is the sound driver that was in the PC before it was reinstalled! See attachment.

Attached Files

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Also when I try to run the setup file from the Drivers folder that was saved, it does not respond!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
When you went to the Dell driver and download site did you put your service tag number in, it's the same as your serial number? That's the way to get drivers for your specific machine. I also notice that this is high definition audio, so you may the the high definition audio drivers from the Microsoft site in addition to the device drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

You can also download Everest Home Edition and it will look at the hardware and maybe give you more accurate information.

Edited by Tyger, 22 July 2008 - 12:54 PM.

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
My version for the driver that was in the PC before was 5.10.0.4455 the one the DELL website gives me is 5.10.0.4823, A05. I do not know how to get that specified version of it, because I don't want to pay for Driver Detective, just for once, and get it...

How do you download the one on the Microsoft website?