Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Malware please [CLOSED] [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

however I find that one flash drive in particular will, upon insertion result in the file explorer not being operative.
I need to run flash disinfector everytime just to get access. All antivirus scans of the device result in nil flagged infections. Similarly with spyware scans.

Regards,

Supacue

Your log looks very clean to me. Perhaps your computer problem originates from that particular thumbdrive.. Do you have any important files on it?..

Before you stick that thumbdruve, please show hidden files and folders

Then you have to run Flash Disinfector.. Next, navigate that thumbdrive and delete autorun.inf and autorun.exe if you find them.. Tell me if you couldn't find it or you couldn't delete it.. Then tell me what other wierd (unknown) files that you see inside that thumbdrive :)

Advertisements

Supacue

Supacue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It's a 4GB SD card with actually tonnes of relatively important stuff. I'll have a hunt through it shortly.

Thanks again.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

It's a 4GB SD card with actually tonnes of relatively important stuff. I'll have a hunt through it shortly.

Thanks again.

Ok.. waiting for your next input..

Supacue

Supacue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Interestingly I found a cd8idoyl.com file in my flash drive. It only just caught my eye and when I went back to investigate it was gone. Did not come up in the command prompt.
The icon was "shaded" or transparent i.e. hidden file. I can no longer find it. All I can surmise is that it has again infected my computer and has removed/moved itself from the flash drive...

All I can come up with is because I have a number of flash drives, when I undertook the earlier steps you recommended I may have missed a flash drive.
If that is so I guess I can just re do the steps as set out above.
Do you think anything else is neccesary?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Interestingly I found a cd8idoyl.com file in my flash drive. It only just caught my eye and when I went back to investigate it was gone. Did not come up in the command prompt.
The icon was "shaded" or transparent i.e. hidden file. I can no longer find it. All I can surmise is that it has again infected my computer and has removed/moved itself from the flash drive...

All I can come up with is because I have a number of flash drives, when I undertook the earlier steps you recommended I may have missed a flash drive.
If that is so I guess I can just re do the steps as set out above.
Do you think anything else is neccesary?

Nope.. The infection comes from your flashdrive.. cd8idoyl.com might enter all drive on your hard disk (Normally at root drive, eg. C:\ D:\ and so on..)

What you need to do is delete all autorun.inf, autorun.exe and cd8idoyl.com from all drive (including your pendrive) and then run flash disinfector (you may run flash disinfector first and deletion later..)

And possibly, that malicious file originate from any computer that you stick your pendrive with.. So, becareful which pc you want to attach your pendrive with.. Always use flash disinfector whenever you stick any pendrive into your pc.. that's a good habit..

Do you have anymore question? :)

Supacue

Supacue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Nope I think that especially clears up everything, hopefully this issue is fully and finally dealt with. Many many thanks for all your assistance.

Regards,

Supacue

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.