Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Driver stopped Responding

• Please log in to reply

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey guys, I have a toshiba satellite x205-sli1 laptop that I've had for about 6 months now and it recently started giving me this error. My screen will flicker black and the sound and stuff skips, then it recovers (most of the time, sometimes it stays black and I have to reboot) and an error comes up on my taskbar saying "Video driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has successfully recovered." It started doing it I'd say about 2-3 weeks ago very rarely, I thought maybe it was just a driver bug or w/e and so I updated my video drivers and made sure my other drivers were up to date. Now it's happening all the time, with any game I play. It only happens IN game as well, Im guessing some problem with 3d rendering and the drivers with vista.. But I'm not sure.
It's definately becoming a nuisance and games are pretty much a no-go right now. About 15 minutes into any game and it starts giving me this error, then it starts doing it repeatedly.

I also get an error saying "Toshiba Flash cards has stopped responding" and I think that it's related somehow, but yeah..
Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisements