Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Theme Problem in Vista

• Please log in to reply

SEV7N

SEV7N

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Whenever I right click my desktop, go to personalize and select "Theme" to change my Theme settings this error message comes up..

"Windows process RUNDLL32 has stopped working"

Because of this I am unable to change my theme back to the Aero theme (default)..

Advertisements

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I know this probably isnt the problem but maybe look around to see if you deleted the aero theme files when I use to run vista I wanted aero and I found a command line and it stops explorer(the program that allows you to see windows) and then you start it again it oddely enough enabled aero but search on google for that command line then right click command prompt run as administrator then type in the command line you should notice changes then you enter it again then go into personalize aero will be there and it will most likely work I dont know if that helped at all but reply and lemme know