Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there life after internal?

• Please log in to reply

Gman2646

Gman2646

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
:) Hello,
Have a couple internal HD's and I'm in need of an external. One is a few years old and the other is practically new. Is there a way to somehow use one of them as external? They are both WD if that matters. Reason being was hopeing to have mobility as an option to be able to backup data on my home network. I realize that I could piggy back them on my main computer, but I'd rather NOT configure my system that way.

Gman :)

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you would want something like this. You'd have to find the appropriate type... ( 2.5 or 3.5 and ide/sata)

Gman2646

Gman2646

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OK........... I'm not following you so far could you be a little more specific. Is the this you refer to a cable? :)

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

OK........... I'm not following you so far could you be a little more specific. Is the this you refer to a cable? :)

Sorry apparently the link didn't come through... You want a drive encloser you can get them on newegg.... you could probably get them elsewhere as well but that is where I shop... and where I had posted a link to... here lets try again...

http://www.newegg.co.......p;x=10&y=29

Gman2646

Gman2646

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'll check it out, you have been a great help :)

Thanks,

Gman

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You might also find This Article of interest... :)

It's part of a five part series on backup solutions.