Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero saves my project file but it's empty

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I have been trying to burn a project with Nero, and it keeps giving me an error that I don't have enough temp file space. So, I "saved" my project with Nero, but when I went to retrieve it, it showed 0 bytes. What is happening here? When I restarted my computer and NeroVision, it was if the project didn't exist. I don't know why Nero appears to save the file, but it has 0 bytes in it, making it necessary to start the whole project over again! I can see the title and it appears to have been saved, but it won't open and there's nothing in the file anyway.

Advertisements

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I had a project that Nero was burning, but then after it got 99% of the way finished, it failed! I checked it several times throughout the burn process and it appeared to be progressing along nicely (if not at the same slow speed it would take to watch the project). What causes this problem? The project was only 4.06 GB and the disk had a capacity of 4.38 GB. What could have happened? It seems like this has happened before the last time I tried to burn a project on Nero. What gives with Nero? All my blank DVD disks can't be bad...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I mergered your topics. What version of nero are you using?

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Once that is done, then try running checkdisk. It will take a while for it to complete.