Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shawn_Evans

Shawn_Evans

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I found several files that look like HTML files but show as .jpg that I cannot delete. I need to get these off my pc and stat. Its a work PC. They have no file location only MY COMPUTER. What should I do.??

Advertisements

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
this does not sound like a malware (viruses, trojans, spyware, adware etc) problem. in addition, your work IT department/staff should be able to help you.

if you believe it is a malware problem then:

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
otherwise, let me know and i can close this thread.

andrewuk

Shawn_Evans

Shawn_Evans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I got em.. It was a history folder. They are gone.. But thank you again for the reponse.

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.