Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need lil Help Plz

• Please log in to reply

ProWest

ProWest

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am running into an issue. I am an IT Tech, and this has me a little stumped. We have this computer that came in for Virus removal and we removed all of them(hopefully) and then the system crashed and gave me a boot error. I then tried to do a overlay, like we always have to fix this issue, and it gave me this error. Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more info." Contents of the log file: "Error: The signature for Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade is invaild. The error code is fffffc02 The system cannot find message text for message 0xfffffc02 in the message file for syssetup.dll"

It is currently stuck with in the setup of windows, and I have the Fullinstall disc's and I get this error. I ran a chkdsk, said the drive was fine, but i scanned it anyways, then did a /r just incase.

This one has me scratching my head, so any help would be appreciatd.

Thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try installing to a different drive...

ProWest

ProWest

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

try installing to a different drive...

Only has one partition.

But If I create another partiotn, will I be able to move all of the files, and programs over to taht? as well as all of the important Data? and If so, will all of it work properly together?

Edited by ProWest, 25 July 2008 - 04:53 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I mean for you to remove the hard drive...put in another hard drive and try installing to that drive...
while you have the original drive out ...slave it to a working system and back up the data..

ProWest

ProWest

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I have backed up all of the data -minus the programs to our working bench computer. I got all of his documents, settings, e-mail.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
now that the data is safe ...go here for the lowdown
Error: The signature for Windows XP edition Setup is invalid. The error code is fffffdf0.

RESOLUTION To resolve this problem, rename the %WinDir%\System32\Catroot2 folder.