Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backdoor ? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:38:34 PM, on 7/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\naPrdMg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\VTTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\VTtrayp.exe
C:\Program Files\OptusNet DSL Internet\DSC.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe
C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\blackice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\blackd.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://desktop.optus...avorites/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://desktop.optus...orites/homepage
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://desktop.optus...orites/homepage
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNet
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe %WINDIR%\system32\naPrdMg.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTrayp] VTtrayp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop Service Centre] C:\Program Files\OptusNet DSL Internet\DSC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [naPrdMg.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\naPrdMg.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ares] "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe" -h
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BlackICE PC Protection.lnk = C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\blackice.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Steam.lnk = ?
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://desktop.optusnet.com.au/dsl/favorites/homepage
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ares Chatroom server (AresChatServer) - Ares Development Group - C:\Program Files\Ares\chatServer.exe
O23 - Service: BlackICE - Internet Security Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\blackd.exe
O23 - Service: Eset HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Eset Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: RapApp - Internet Security Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\rapapp.exe

--
End of file - 3962 bytes

Hey all,
Unsure as to what's happening but "Malwarebytes' Anti-Melware" claims there is some sort of backdoor on my pc. Currently two files infected, I've tryed removing them with Malwarebytes but it doesn't work. I've try ed running Nod32 to remove it but a warning display pops up and tells me to save everything the pc will be shutting down so many seconds. If someone, anyone could take a look at this for me as I have run out of options, greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that Task manager has been disabled by the infection and some apps won't conenct to the internet even the browsers at some stage. I have a screenshot which I can provide if you need it.

Edited by Bosscoe, 25 July 2008 - 09:57 PM.

Advertisements

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello Bosscoe. I'm currently reading over your log right now and I'll do my best to try to get your system clean. :)

Since I'm still in training, there may be a slight delay between my posts because they must be checked by an expert.

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Not a problem. I greatly appreciate your help & assistance, take your time buddy as they say good things take time.

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello Bosscoe,
If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

STEP 1
We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...p1/default.mspx
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

STEP 2
Please download MGADiag.exe to your desktop.

Double-click MGADiag.exe and click Continue in the bottom right of the window to run the tool.

Click the [Copy] button to copy the info to your clipboard.

Then come back here and paste the info in your next reply please.

STEP 3
CLICK THIS TO LINK TO BE SURE YOU CAN VIEW HIDDEN FILES

Please go here:
The Spy Killer Forum
  • Click on "New Topic"
  • Put your name, e-mail address, and this as the title: "put file path here"
  • Put a link to this topic in the description box.
  • Then next to the file box, at the bottom, click the browse button, then navigate to this file:

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\naPrdMg.exe

• Click Open.
  • Click Post.
Thank you!

STEP 4
  • Make sure to use Internet Explorer for this
  • Please go to VirSCAN.org FREE on-line scan service
  • Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan" box on the top of the page:

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\naPrdMg.exe
  • Click on the Upload button
  • Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
  • Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply.
~~~~~~~~~~
In your next reply please have these logs.
A HijackThis log
The MGADiag.exe log
And the VirSCAN log

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.