Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant boot up windows xp

• Please log in to reply

reena

reena

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
When I start booting my laptop, it started to load and then the screen went blue and this messages displays.

""stop: c0000221 bad image checksum
the image kernel32dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.""

I cant go to safe mode.
please help me what to do next
Arinkey

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do a sfc /scannow...lowdown is here...

The main reason for using this utility is when you suspect there may be a problem with a Windows XP system file.

Perhaps you get a dialog box appear informing you of a problem with a .dll file, or your program will just not load! It is therefore worth checking to see if there are any corrupt system files using the system file checker..

Edited by happyrck, 26 July 2008 - 09:40 AM.

reena

reena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,

I cant go to safe mode or i cant not go to start menu anymore. How do i do sfc/scannow

Thanks
Arinkey

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you can't even boot into safe mode then you will have to repair xp...lowdown is here