Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open up C:\ and D:\ in My Computer

• Please log in to reply

yup23

yup23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there, I just recently joined your forum as I'm at my wits end as to what to do with my computer... Thing is I just downloaded AVG 8.0 last night and scanned my computer for viruses. It next detected 6 threats and I proceeded on to "remove these threats". However, after that, I have been able to open up my C:\ and D:\ properly through my normal method (double clicking on the icon in My Computer). Instead, I have to right click and select "Open" or "Explore" to open up the drives.

I have searched up the web and all sites report of a virus known as "Hacked by Godzilla", but I do not see the terms "Hacked by Godzilla" in my IE browser. Also, I only encountered this problem after removing the threats detected by AVG.

I hope to find some sort of a solution or way out!! Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

P.S.: Sorry if I posted this under the wrong topic!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Malware can damage files. Malware removal can do the same.

I suggest that you start first with posting in the malware forum of G2G (a link in my list below). After the malware helpers declare the computer clean, and if the problem persist(s), post again in this forum.

Regards